Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Torn

Miss Mylie is acting out.  I knew it would happen. She's the baby, well, was the baby. She is starting to understand that if she leaves him alone and lets him sleep she gets more attention. However, she can be mean to him. She is doing something when she kisses him that I have yet to figure out, all I know is he sometimes cries when she kisses him.  I don't want to tell her she can't kiss him.  I am always, or so it seems, saying she can't do something in relation to him.  I have to watch her very closely.  She sneaks in little scratches or pops here and there. Just this morning she managed to pop him in the face while I was changing him.  She started out as gently patting his belly while I changed him then BAM! He was scared and crying, she was quick stepping it out the door. I don't know how to handle it.  She really dislikes time out, and has been spending a lot of time there lately.  My mother says I need to pop her hand.  Which I do occasionally.  I just don't feel like that is a must though.  Mylie is still a baby her self.  She does know when she does something wrong though, because she will either leave the area or immediately start apologizing. I try to lay him in his bassinet when he sleeps or put him in his bouncy seat or swing as often as I can so that I can hold her and give her attention.  Talise tries to help by distracting her during feeds or diaper changes. Any ideas of what else I can do to ease this transition for her? I don't want her to feel replaced or unloved/unwanted.  She's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment