Thursday, September 16, 2010

Insecurities

First thing this morning the telephone rings. I pick it up and look at it. Checking the caller ID. I see Fernando's friend's telephone number. I groan. I hold the phone for a minute, then decide if I let it go to voice mail he'll just continue to call until I want to smash the device into little bits. I answer. On the other end I hear a woman's voice, "I'm sorry, I have the wrong number." I find it quite amusing. His friends wife is obviously going through his phone. I called him before I knew Fernando left. I called to get him to speak to Fernando regarding his plane ticket exchange. Fernando wouldn't answer my calls. At the time I assumed he was mad at me for trying to convince him to be responsible. When will people realize that it doesn't matter how much you check someone else's phone, email, Facebook, or Twitter. You cannot control someone else's actions. All you are doing is spinning your own wheels and stressing yourself out. If you are worried about your loved one cheating it's probably because they are. God gives you intuition for a reason. Follow it. I used to be very insecure and let me tell you, it does no good what so ever! I was just miserable, and who wants to be with someone miserable. Maybe I shouldn't find it so amusing that she called. But I smiled. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment