Monday, October 25, 2010

What to do, what to do?

I just don't understand my daughter. She is SO angry all the time. She cries at the drop of a hat. She picks at and is abusive towards her sister.I don't know how to fix it. Last night she had a crying fit because she was made to shower two days in  a row. Hysterical ugly sobs. Unbelievable! Today when she got home from school she got upset because Mylie had gotten into her lip sticks. Completely understandable. She was screaming, SCREAMING and throwing things. Then she called me stupid. I stood to speak to her and she started to run away, so I grabbed her shirt. She fought against me and I think I  may have torn her bra. All I was trying to do was tell her to go to her room, take some deep breaths and calm down. That's it.  Later this evening I had the girls go lay together in Talise's bed. Next thing I know Mylie is running in the living room with a bloody mouth and Talise is following close behind. I asked Mylie what happened and Talise started to speak. I told her I wanted to hear from Mylie what happened. Mylie told me that Talise balled up her fist and hit her in the mouth. Talise screamed out that Mylie was lying. Mylie showed me exactly what happened and after I spoke with Talise about lying she fessed up. She did punch her sister in the mouth. I made her go to bed. She flipped out. Crying loud enough that I could hear her with two doors closed and the television on. I warned her about it, yet she kept it up for over an hour before finally calming down. I am so fed up with all of this. I have tried spanking ~ useless. I tried time out ~~ a little better, but not thrilled with it. I've taken things away, doesn't bother her. I've tried rewarding her good behavior, didn't help. I am at a loss.I'm going to talk to her counselor about it this week. I may send her to a psychiatrist, see if they can help. I don't want her to be miserable all the time. I don't want to have to worry about Mylie getting hurt and I don't want to be made miserable. It has to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment