Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Incredible Will of a two year old alternately titled Battle of the Bottle

Mylie  was a boobie baby. Really she was more like a boobie Nazi. She would demand o nurse and completely flip out if told no. She nursed for 25 1/2 months. I had to break her of it cold turkey. I am all for nursing, but I was in my third trimester with Bronson and was quite tired of having her on me ALL THE TIME! She then became attached to her bottle. I thought nothing of it because she drinks just fine from a cup be it sippy or not. She has been extremely jealous since Bronson joined our family so if a bottle pleased her then I'd allow it. She has since become a bottle beast. She prefers a certain one and gets very insistent about when she wants it. I decided last night that enough was enough and no more bottles. She is, after all, 2 1/2 years old. She was less than pleased to be nice about what went down. To be honest, I was waiting for her head to spin. I was seriously concerned. She raged on for about thirty minutes, then slowly started to wind down as she was exhausted. She'd get a few minutes in of rest and release the beast again. I was strong though. I braved it out and eventually she passed out. I suffered slight injuries trying to block head butts and such though. It was fine though, I had won. Or so I thought...




No comments:

Post a Comment