Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Fun

We got ice.  lots of super slick, bust your tail, ice. My momma is stuck over here at my house due to this ice. I was pretty excited about her being iced in. I love my mom and feel much comfort when she's here. She comes every weekend but we don't get to see much of each other. Fridays, when she arrives, I run around taking care of errands that I am unable to do  with my babies in tow. When I finish that up we eat dinner maybe watch a movie then I'm off to bed. I work all weekend and Monday morning, as soon as the sun is up enough for her to see, she is off.  So, even though she is here I get to spend hardly any time with her. She really didn't want to be stuck here. She had planned to leave Sunday night. She thought she could beat the ice home. Nope. I had to leave work 4 hours early and still barely made it up my driveway. I really thought I was going to have to park at the bottom of my driveway and walk u it. I made it though.Yay! She has been very grumpy. She needs a break from the girls.  They can be sassy and are definitely little wiggle tails. All the non stop movement makes her nervous. Her nervousness and grumpiness has caused her to be less patient with my girls and get a bit mean. I don't like it. She's also quite vocal about how miserable she is and how badly she wants to go home. I try to just brush it off. I know she wants to sleep in her own bed and she misses her pup, but it stings some to hear Oh Goodness! I must go! I've got to get out of here! Blah, blah, blah. I love her and really wishes she wasn't so miserable. I had visions of us hanging out, talking, laughing, doting on the babes. My expectations have been let down and I don't like it. Who does like it though? It hasn't been non stop misery. We've had some fun. I just love her so much. She has been so great with everything that has been going on in my life recently. I just wish I had a way to take her out. Vacation together or something. Maybe just enjoy being holed up in all this ice. Bleh, ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment