Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shots x 2

Today Bronson had to go in for vaccines and Talise needed a check-up. First thing this a.m. went trekked down to Opelika to see our wonderful  pediatrician. Bronson was a trooper. He got three shots and cried for a minute but once I brought out a bottle he was happy as a clam. Neither Talise or I had any idea what was going to happen for her check-up. She had the normal height, weight, hearing and vision. The doctor asked her loads of questions and it was determined that she has reflux. That explains the belly and chest pain.She also had to get three shots. Talise is petrified of needles. Last time she had a blood draw we were there 2 hours and I had to sit on her while two nurses held her down and one stuck her. I talked to her while the nurse went and got them ready. I explained that once you reach a certain age you have to basically suck it up. You  have to do a lot of things you don't want to, some of which are painful,but you hold still and get it done. She made me proud. She cried, but she held still and took deep breaths. She's come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment