Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pain in the...

I am itching like a million mosquito's partook in a feast all over me. Why, you ask? Well from the Tylenol with Codeine. What's that for? My headaches. I have been having cervicogenic headaches from stress. My primary care doctor tried Tramadol, Dolgic Plus, Midrin, and Robaxin to help. None did. So he sent me to a neurologist. After a full neurology work up he increased my Zoloft (to help me to relax) and prescribed Xanaflex and told me to avoid caffeine. He also gave me a referral to physical therapy so I can get set up at home for traction. The increased dose of Zoloft seems to help a bit.  It takes a while longer for me to loose it. The Xanaflex makes me comatose within 10 minutes. I guess that works. Can't feel your head throb when you're drooling on your pillow. When I am awake, totally different. My head pounds. The worse it hurts, the less patience have, the more tense I get, the worse it hurts. It's a vicious circle. I called my neuro guy to see if there was anything else I  take to help. He's out of the office so his nurse told me to increase my dose of the Xanaflex, you know, the one that knocks me out. I told her the effect it has on me and her reply was "He SAID to take it at bedtime" with a tone that screamed you idiot! I asked what about the pain during the day. She just repeated that the doctor is out of town. I asked if it would be unethical for me to call my primary doctor for a Rx. Nope, no problem! Great, now we may be getting somewhere. So  I call. The receptionist says based on my symptoms that I need to be seen. I told her I just had a full neuro work up less than a week ago and I work in Radiology, I don't have a tumor and am NOT getting a CT. She put me on hold and transferred me to a nurse. The nurse asked me about the other meds primary dr. prescribed. They contain caffeine. So he called in the Tylenol with codeine. I guess I'd rather itch than pound. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment