Monday, March 8, 2010

All my aches and pains

Yesterday at work we were SO busy. Busy doesn't even do justice to what we were. My work day starts at 7 a.m. by 6:30 p.m. we had completed over 100 exams! That doesn't include to fluoroscopy cases and the operating room cases we did.  Usually a super, crazy, non-stop day means it's over before you know it.  SO NOT THE CASE!  The day dragged on forever. On a normal weekend I am wore out by Sunday. Working sixteen hours, sleeping about 5, then coming back into work for another sixteen hours is tough when I am not pregnant, now by about 3 p.m. I am exhausted. Now that my tummy is REALLY poking out and my balance is off, plus I have a broken toe which I can't take anything for, I am quite tired and irritable on Sundays. My toe was throbbing like a toothache. I have no choice but to walk on it. I was to close a patient's door and twisted my foot and felt pain shoot up the side of my foot on Sunday.  When I got home last night my toe was swollen pretty thick. I am debating on going to the doctor. I don't want to waste the money if they won't help, but taping it up just isn't helping.  My legs also cramp up a lot on the weekends.  I know it is because I am on them non-stop and being pregnant doesn't help. I just feel  whiny.  On a positive note, I got to see my little guy again. He is looking so cute! I could see where he is getting some fat on his little face. His heart looked perfect, actually all of him looked perfect.  He is already attempting breathing motions! His cord is perfect. I can't wait to really see him and hold him in my arms rather than my gut.  At the same time I like having him all to myself for as long as possible. This pregnancy is FLYING by! Mylie keeps me so busy, that I often don't even feel him moving around until after her bed time.  I don't mind being busy though.  I love that baby so much, she is a handful, but a delight. Both my girls are.

No comments:

Post a Comment