Monday, February 1, 2010

Circumcision woes

I am SO uneasy about this whole circumcision thing. I want Bronson to have it done.  i just wish there was a way to keep him doped up during the procedure and until it heals. I know that is not the case, but I am going to push the issue.  My doctor supposedly uses the gomco clamp and lidocain jelly. That is a joke! Lidocain only numbs the outer layer of skin.  No one is coming near my little guys boy parts with a scapel after only rubbing a little numbing cream around the area. NO WAY! I want a dorsal penile nerve block, and a sedative for me! Not really, although I'll probably need it. I am so anxious about it and I still have 4 months to worry. I hope I can make him see things my way.

2 comments:

  1. Your feelings are totally understandable. I felt that way when I was first pregnant. I can totally relate to the "sedative for parents" comment. LOL!

    I did a lot of research on the topic and I realized that there wasn't any special care for the penis if you choose not to.

    I found out that it is not necessary or recommended to retract the foreskin and clean underneath.

    I was really relieved when I found out how easy care was.

    My son is not circ'ed and has never had any medical problems and care is really a non-issue.

    I have a weak stomach and could never handle the circ procedure so I'm happy that the alternative is so simple.

    *hugs* I hope that you find answers that are suitable for your situation and find peace. Worry can really eat us alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi momma!
    I hope you will consider sparing him. Circumcision is entirely unnecessary and actually removes functional, nerve-dense tissue. I didn't make the decision for my son, I wanted him to have the choice over the function and appearance of his most private area. You can read my blog to learn more about the top 12 misconceptions about circumcision and the intact male. Remember, you don't have to do anything to clean an intact boy, only the exterior gets rinsed, just like with a girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete