Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Bronson was the first one to wake, after me that is. I was laying in bed eagerly anticipating the kids waking up. He was happy about his basket and while he checked it out I went outside and hid eggs. I ended up waking the girls. I don't know how they were sleeping in. As a child I could barely ever sleep the night before a holiday. I love Easter, always have. I love spending time with my family, Easter dinner, talking about the true meaning of our celebration and finding my basket! I no longer receive baskets but I sure enjoy making them for my little ones. After everyone went through their baskets Mylie and Bronson got to hunt eggs. Bronson stood in awe of all the sparkly colored "balls" in the yard. With a little help from Bryan he started picking them up and putting them in his basket. Once he realised their was candy in them he was stoked! We celebrated with Bryan's family or Easter for the first time yesterday.  We stopped and bought an Easter lily for his Granny on the way there. He had never done that! That blew my mind. It was tradition when my Nanny was alive. Someone always brought her either an Easter lily or a Calla lily. She was thankful when I gave it to her. She is such a sweet lady. She cooked a delicious spread of food. We ate lunch and dinner there! The kids played while we all sat outside talking and laughing. I didn't even care to look at a clock.  It was an amazing day.  So relaxing and fun. It made my heart full. It also made me miss my childhood. We had large get togethers for the holidays. I really miss that. I also miss my own Nanny terribly. I am so thankful to have been a part of their gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment