Saturday, April 21, 2012

Postponed

I am postponing the marriage. I say marriage because we aren't having a real ceremony, well weren't is more appropriate. After getting our marriage license and buying my wedding band yesterday I got a peek of Bryan's true colors and it scared me. He lost his temper and was extremely disrespectful and hurtful not only to me, but in front of my kids and in public. I've already gone down that road and will not do it again. Since we have a child on the way and my two youngest love him I am willing to try pre-marital counseling first. If things don't improve then I'll deal with that when it happens. Right now the only reason I see to go through with it is to prevent having to explain to his family, and that is no reason to marry someone. I guess his best friend was right when he said that Bryan would run me off. If this offends, I hate it. My blog, my life, my opinions.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! Be strong and stick to your guns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pre-marital counseling is an excellent idea. If this is the first time you have seen his anger that is amazing though. People often say things out of anger that they do not mean. I know that is no consolation since his comments were hurtful and done in such a public manner. Remember that he is under a tremendous amount of pressure too, and some people lash out at the ones they love the most. Not only is he getting a ready made family, he is getting a wife, and a newborn as well. That is a tall order, but nothing excuses his behavior. If he truly loves you as much as you love him, he will be willing to RUN to a counselor!! Good Luck Jen!!

    ReplyDelete