Monday, July 7, 2008

Change has come in so many ways...


I cannot believe how long it has been since I posted on here. Well to catch up I DID get pregnant in July of 07 and had an amazing pregnancy, so easy. I went into labor 2 weeks early and didn't even really think I was in labor, just that something was going on. I think I could've done it without drugs, but was afraid to try. On March 27 2008 at 1:18 a.m. Mylie Isabel Dutra glided peacefully into our world. What a blessing she is! She barely cried, and was absolutely beautiful. i couldn't take my eyes off of her and giggled when I heard her first cry. After all the prayers, sobs and arguments. All the years of trying, begging, feeling let down by my own body. She is here. She is the BEST baby ever. She wakes up with a huge smile. She grins so wide. Her whole face lights up. She only cries when she is hungry or sleepy or hurt. She has terrible reflux, but doesn't even fuss over it. She looks a lot like my dad, which makes me think of him more often. She'll gladly accept breast or bottle, mom's milk or formula. She loves a bath, and lying on a blanket outside looking up at the sky. She sucks on her little fingers to soothe herself. She doesn't fuss over diaper changes and clothes changes. She looks for her sister anytime she hears her. She LOVES Talise! Talise is outstanding as a big sister. She takes it very seriously, and even though she says she misses having me to herself she dotes on Mylie a lot. She is always wanting to buy her clothes and toys. She loves to hold her. It amazes me how two people can have two children that are so very different. Mylie is so laid back and happy. Talise is high strung, but very funny. Both of them are full of love. Mylie is long and chubby, where Talise was tiny in every way. Mylie warns you before she starts crying with a few uncomfortable grunts where Talise went into full blown hysteria immediately. I am so much more calm and patient with Mylie, which makes me feel bad for Talise. I was so unsure of myself with her, which made me very anxious. I think she fed off of that. I didn't fall head over heals in love with Mylie immediately like I did with Talise. But now I cannot imagine my life without her. She is so peaceful and cuddly. I just love holding her in my arms with her sweet little cheek next to mine kissing her little head. I think it is impossible to be unhappy around her. God surpassed my expectations, she is definately worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment