Monday, June 11, 2012

Two Amazing Years

My wonderful, sweet son turned two years old on Sunday.  We celebrated his milestone the Friday before. Just a small gathering of close family. With my first I had large parties and overspent. In the end I'd be broke, tired and worried about bills. What's worse, she doesn't remember any of her parties before she turned 5! She only remembers bits about that one. I have learned my lesson. I now have small a get together, after nap time, with people that will understand if there any meltdowns! My father came. It was nice. It's the first party of my children's that he has been to. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from my mother so she wasn't there. Bryan's sister came with her two boys. It was their first time visiting since my family moved in with Bryan. I was quite nervous about how things would pan out. I really debated inviting them because I didn't want it to be uncomfortable between us. I am so glad I did. The little boys played well together. Mylie and Tristan had fun playing together, but they always do. My mother-in-law came. The kids adore her so they all were excited to see her. Bryan's granny was even able to attend. We all had pleasant conversation and really enjoyed watching the kids play and swim.  It was a great day. Bronson got neat toys that he seemed to be really pleased about. He hasn't gotten possessive about his things yet so his cousins were able to enjoy his new stuff too. Well, except for his new Mickey. He may have had a fit over that one. He never put it down willingly. I had no idea he even liked Mickey Mouse! I am so glad things turned out the way they did! I'd say he had a great birthday. I believe we all had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment